turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing multiple returns using Form 1310 (Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer)

I am about to e-file returns for 2021, 2022 and 2023 for a deceased person. There’s a refund due back on all 3 years. I intend to attach Form 1310 (Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer) to each return for 3 consecutive years. However, I am unsure if I can use Form 1310 for multiple years. The taxpayer was deceased in 2023, and obviously did not file for 2021 or 2022, due to illness. 

Box B of Parti Form 1310 is checked off (Court appointed representative of the decedent).

On a separate note, should I request a check or direct deposit of the refunds?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
M-MTax
Level 11

Filing multiple returns using Form 1310 (Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer)

E-file for 21 and 22 with Turbotax.....don't think so. Besides you should mail the returns in separate envelopes with the 1310s attached. You can get a check made payable to you or a DD.

You will not be able to e-file those past year returns.   Only a 2023 return can be e-filed.   Earlier tax years must be filed by mail.  Do not try to combine them in any way.   Use separate envelopes for each tax year.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies