qjbishop1

Filed wrong status - Amend 2020

Hello, I just filed my 2020 W2 for the first time yesterday. I realize that I've chosen the wrong status "Married filing separate. Is there any way I can stop my submission since it was just done yesterday so that I can correct or Amend it???

bluedeb

Filed wrong status - Amend 2020

You cannot change or amend a return that has already been filed.  Your return will show pending until the IRS opens up their e-file system (Feb 12th).  Your return will stay on TurboTax servers until the IRS is accepting returns.  You cannot get it back, & do not make any changes to your return.  The changes would not go through. 

To make any changes to your return,  you will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected.  

If your return gets rejected, you can just make the changes you need to do, then you can e-file your return again.  

If your return gets accepted, then once your original return is fully processed, you would have to amend your return to make changes.

bluedeb

Filed wrong status - Amend 2020