Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed taxes already, Did doordash last Year, No 1099 form came but did get mileage email. Fix taxes? What form to choose.

I filed my 2023 taxes but I worked as doordash but didnt  get a 1099 form because i didnt make 600$ and more. But got an email for my mileage estimates. I don't know what form to use for that or how. And how would i add it to my current tax form
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Filed taxes already, Did doordash last Year, No 1099 form came but did get mileage email. Fix taxes? What form to choose.

To add your mileage and your income, you will need to follow these instructions to amend your return.  Even though you did not get a 1099, you must add the income you earned from DoorDash since you filed a return.  You will need to use your own records of earnings if you did not get any documentation from them.  DoorDash pays electronically, so you can use bank statements or get into your online DoorDash pay history.  There is not a floor of how much self-employment income you can exclude if you file a return, so this is not optional.  You must include all income from all sources.

When you are amending your return, you will fill out a 1040X form to show the changes.  Your income and mileage expenses from DoorDash will be reported on Schedule C which will attach to the 1040X.  You will likely be prompted to upgrade to the Self-Employed version if you did not use it to file your original return.

Your income and expenses will transfer to your state, but you will still need to walk through that section to complete the amended forms.  Depending on the state you live in, the forms will be different, but most amended forms end in an X. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies