farhatsultana

Filed tax returns without inputting information from 1095A

Hello,

I just realized that I completely forgot to input information from 1095A. What can I do? What do I have to do from this stage? Taxes haven't been transferred to IRS yet.

GiseleD

If you have not yet filed your return, here's how to enter the 1095-A: 

1. Click on  Federal and then the Health Insurance tab at the top.
  2. Answer the questions about your health coverage.
  3. Select Yes to "Was anyone enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2019?" to enter your 1095-A form.
  4. On the That’s all we need on your 2019 coverage screen, click Done with Health.

If you did file and the IRS accepted your return, you will have to amend it. Here's how:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2019 and then Amend (change) return.
    • If you only see the option to amend 2018 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2019 return. Instead, just select Pick up where you left off, make your changes, and disregard the rest of these instructions.
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  5. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return, as amendments can't be e-filed.
Villarreallizeth16

Hello i filed my taxes and got a letter that i have to input my insurrance information i amend the taxes but cannot find were to input the insurance information.please help and thanks.

TiffanyL
Employee TurboTax Specialist

If you are referring to Form 1095-A, you can use the link provided below to walk you through where to input this information:

Where do I enter my 1095-A

Jazmillia

When I did this it did not allow me to put in the information for the 1095-a that is my problem now I did happen to put the information in my cheesing the tax sheet by selecting my state then putting in the info. Now please note this is after I learned I was signed up for marketplace insurance without my permission so my taxes were already filed. At this point I did get to enter the information but the problem I am having now instead of it generating a 8962 for me I can not find that in my tax documents at all even though I did attach it and it did adjust my tax return. How can I get this form?

TiffanyL
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Can you try the link provided below to see if this will assist you:

The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019