Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Blingy

Filed IN state taxes and Quarterly Estimated Taxes but IN returned the entire amount TurboTax said that I owed IN

I used TurboTax Deluxe 2023 to efile my Federal and State taxes (over $2,000.00) and I mailed my first quarter estimated taxes for 2024. However, this past week I received a check from IN DOR that refunded by check my entire state tax bill that TurboTax calculated. I do not see any way on the IN Tax web page that I can determine why IN returned the full amount. How can I find out what TurboTax did wrong when calculating my IN state taxes that I do not owe IN any money?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Filed IN state taxes and Quarterly Estimated Taxes but IN returned the entire amount TurboTax said that I owed IN

Only the state of Indiana will be able to provide an answer as to why they refunded your entire balance.  Typically, when a taxing agency changes a return that was filed, they will also send out a letter via mail letting you know the reasons for their adjustments.

You can also contact the Indiana Department of Revenue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you mail it in the same envelope with your 2023 tax due payment?  Could you have entered it into your 2023 tax return?  Did you mail it with the 1040-ES slip and not the 1040V voucher?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies