Solved: Federal Return Rejected

Tarodgers1968

Federal Return Rejected

My return was reject and it makes no sense. I haven't been a first time home buyer since 1994. I also don't see a schedule 2. I have a 1 and a 3.

Schedule 2 (Form 1040) FirstTimeHmByrRepaymentAmt must not be greater than the First-Time Homebuyer Credit amount in the e-File database.

sirtwalker3

Federal Return Rejected

I called the IRS. They verified I have no information in the first time house buyer database.  Thus the problem is with Turbo tax.  I e-filed the first week of Feb.  The feds rejected during the third week of Feb.  From the time I submitted to the time of rejection I applied 3 updates to Turbo Tax.  I had the software review the taxes again and resubmitted - this time it was accepted.  I suspect the version of Turbo Tax that was available and current in the first week in Feb was defective and corrected by subsequent upgrades.

sirtwalker3

Federal Return Rejected

Same with me.  I bought the house 36 years ago

Tarodgers1968

Federal Return Rejected

Yeah weird. Hoping Turbo tax has some answers. If not, I'll call the IRS.

NashayLO

Federal Return Rejected

This rejection could be due to the form 5405, showing up in your Federal Return. To view what forms are in your Federal Return, please see this TurboTax FAQ, How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? You can also remove that form, in the same location.

Tarodgers1968

Federal Return Rejected

I do not have form 5405 in my return. I bought my first home in 1994 and sold it in 2004. I purchased my second home in 2004 and sold it in 2017 after a divorce. 

Tarodgers1968

Federal Return Rejected

I also filed with my 2017 tax return the information on the sale of my second home.

sirtwalker3

Federal Return Rejected

Tarodgers1968

Federal Return Rejected

I just did the same thing and received an acceptance from federal. I agree it had to be TurboTax.