Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal return exporting twice when saving to PDF

When I go to File-->Save to PDF and try and save a copy of my return as a PDF file, a duplicate copy of Federal is created under 2023 Virginia Tax Return.  The same thing happens in I select Forms to review or keep for your records.  I have verified when I open the file in Adobe Acrobat, they duplicate federal is there as well.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?

tt1.png

tt2.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Federal return exporting twice when saving to PDF

@VATAX19 

In some prior year's instructions, for those who ended up Paper-filing VA, required the VA-Paper-filed tax return to include a copy of the Federal form 1040 and schedules.....so the extra copy was provided in the PDF in case you ended up paper-filing by Mail.

Thing is, I don't see that now in the current VA "Assembling Yoru Return" instructions for 2023...(page 8  of the 2023 Form 760 instructions).  So perhaps VA has removed that requirement, but may still ask for them if they have questions/audit.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies