turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal 2022 Return was mailed 4/14/23 for refund. No refund yet, nor IRS status provided as of 3/1/24. Where is my tax return?

Hello,

I prepared my 2022 Federal and State tax returns on TurboTax in April 2023.  I borrowed my sister's laptop where the TT software had been downloaded.  Due to no free electronic filing being available and I can't afford to pay to efile, I printed both returns and mailed them.  Due to not knowing how mush postage to put on them, I drove them to the post office on April 14, 2023.  They were weighed and posted with an April 14, 2023 date.  I witnessed this by the postal worker.  

My state refund has been received, but not the federal refund.

I have been attempting to check up on the status quarterly.  Using the IRS website and providing the requested info to check up on a refund has always provided "RETURN NOT FOUND".  There are no phone numbers to call, and no other options to continue to locate my return and the status.  Where do I turn from here?  It appears that my return has been lost.  I can certainly mail a copy, but this would give the appearance that I did not file on time and be assessed a late penalty.

Where do I go to from here?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Federal 2022 Return was mailed 4/14/23 for refund. No refund yet, nor IRS status provided as of 3/1/24. Where is my tax return?

There is no late penalty if you do not owe or are getting a refund.  Print another copy of the return and mail it to the IRS.  Print, sign and date it in ink, and mail it using certified mail so you will know it was received.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

There is no late penalty if you do not owe or are getting a refund.  Print another copy of the return and mail it to the IRS.  Print, sign and date it in ink, and mail it using certified mail so you will know it was received.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks for this guidance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies