Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ike_61

Expected return was feb 24th. Every time I call irs, on hold for 3 hours and they say it will be here any day now. It’s been over 3 months. They give me no answers.

They say it will be here any day after they put me on hold for 3 hours. Last 2 times I’ve called they put me on hold for 3+ hours then hang up on me.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Expected return was feb 24th. Every time I call irs, on hold for 3 hours and they say it will be here any day now. It’s been over 3 months. They give me no answers.

You just have to continue to wait. The IRS is very backlogged, and some folks have been waiting since January.

Will calling you help me get my refund any faster?

No. unless Where’s My Refund? directs you to call us, our representatives will not be able to provide any additional information.

If Where’s My Refund? says that we’re still processing your return, our representatives won’t be able to give you a specific refund date.

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

ike_61

It doesn’t say they are still processing my return. It says sorry it had surpassed my expected return date, it’s been over 90 days since my expected return date. 

The IRS has been severely backlogged for a long time.   Many people are getting this message.   TurboTax does not get any information after you file your tax return so no one at TT knows a specific reason why you are getting that message.   If the IRS wants any other information from you they will let you know by letter.   Meanwhile all you can do is wait patiently and watch the IRS site.   The IRS is your only source of information.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

did you file via paper or e-file? you didn't mention that

if via paper, then I'd wait six months from Feb at a minimum - they are that backlogged.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies