error with someone can claim

error with someone can claim

SO I did my taxes online with turbo tax.  I did not get any of the stimulus payments   The IRS said its due to me having it checked that someone can claim me as a dependent.  I looked back and at my pdf file and it has the box "Your spouse as a dependent" was checked.  we filled married but separate returns.    Have no clue on why or how that box was checked.  was this a glitch in the program.  

error with someone can claim

No, not that we're aware of.

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes to get your money.

Please see the following page for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

error with someone can claim

SO i logged into amend my 2019 taxes and it has the option not checked although its checked on my pdf print.  first photo if from online and the second photo is from my pdf file of 2019 taxes

Image2.jpgImage3.jpg

error with someone can claim

Thanks so much for the pictures. Could you please verify what happens when you log into each account, yours and your wife's and the corresponding paperwork? I am not able to get your result. You may need to clear your cookies and cache or change browsers completely.

Married filing separately should not generate dependent when not marked.