Error resolution department

landscaperdanh

Error resolution department

My return was accepted 2/3

called today after seeing no updates on the refund site or app, said my return is in the error resolution department. Couldn’t tell me what the error was because she explained the letter hasn’t been sent. If the letter had been sent, she could see the reason. Anything like this happened to others?  Could it be that they are trying to fix the issue and that’s why a letter hasn’t gone out yet? She said could take 6 weeks before I even see a letter. 

montez420

Error resolution department

My return also ended up in error resolution, I didn't claim stimulus rebates cause I got my stimulus already and my return isn't much different than last year, I made less thanks to two bouts of covid.

When I filed Turbotax showed no problems so I have no clue what is going on, IRS told me today no letters have been sent and they told me it might take 10 weeks until it's resolved, Ridiculous.

Cynthiad66

Error resolution department

You are not alone.  We have seen several request for information.  Error Resolution is a department within the IRS where there are returns with errors that require sending a notice to customers explaining the error and the resolution.  Usually this takes a few weeks.

TurboTax is not a part of this process.  After transmitting your return TurboTax is no longer involved in the process.  It is a privacy issue.  You will have to contact the IRS for further information regarding this return.