ybilinsky

Error message when filing

I purchased turbo tax back on 4/20.  I went to efile tonight.  After entering all of the info to file, drivers license, pin, etc.. I was able to file but got an error message saying that the SSN was already filed.  I found info in turbo tax that says the taxes were filed on 4/19.  I didn't even have turbo tax then.  Now I am not able to file and don't know what to do.  

I am desperately needing to speak to someone.  I am filing my father in laws taxes.  He is confined to a nursing home.  My husband is his Power of Attorney for all legal matters.  

Liz Bilinsky

macuser_22

Error message when filing

"I found info in turbo tax that says the taxes were filed on 4/19." 

Where did you find that?

What exactally is the error message and reject code?

ybilinsky

Error message when filing

I found it under File> Electrinic Filing> Electrinic Filing History

When I went through the process tonight of drivers license info, AGI info, pin, etc. and I hit file it said that there was already taxes filed under this SSN.  I checked the Electrinic filing in Turbo tax and that’s where I got the date from.  I have also checked the IRS account and it doesn’t show them filed yet on their end.  
I am at a loss as to what to do.  

macuser_22

Error message when filing

I am not familiar with that -  Are you using the Windows desktop version?

What does the TurboTax filing status say:

You can check your TurboTax filing status here:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

ybilinsky

Error message when filing

Yes- desktop version.  Purchased on Amazon

macuser_22

Error message when filing

What does this say?

Is there a reject code?