I amended my 2019 tax return with turbotax. I got a notice it was rejected and to fix errors. I went back through and there were no errors and Turbotax does not show any errors so I am very confused. Is there a way to talk to somebody to look this over for me or what is the best course of action?
Thank you for any help!
Sorry I should have included that in the original question. I posted below the message I received. I checked all these fields initially and then I went back and checked them again and they are all correct. Also Turbotax software did not find these errors either so I am not sure why I am getting this coming back rejected??
TurboTax Electronic Postmark: August 28, 2020 07:26 PM PDT
August 29, 2020 12:01 AM PDT
What this means:
The state has found the following problems with your return:
- Form 1040-X, 'TaxableIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TaxableIncomeAmt'.
- Form 1040-X, 'OtherTaxesAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalOtherTaxesAmt'.
- Form 1040-X, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt'.
- Form 1040-X, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt'.
- Form 1040-X, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt'.
Hi, I guess I could answer your question. I had one of the same problems yesterday after I tried twice and got rejected twice. I reviewed the 1040-x form and found that somehow number of dependents changed and then I removed the incorrect number. That is it. Got accepted. Hope it can help.
A umber of users have experienced problems with e-filing amended returns. The IRS just began to accept e-filed 2019 returns and there have been some software glitches. They are working on fixing the problem. You might want to just wait a few days and try again when they fix it.