Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tcampbellct
Returning Member

Efiling 2020 1040X

The help section of TT says that my 2022, 2021, or 2020 federal Form 1040-X amended return may be eligible for electronic filing if the original return was successfully e-filed using TurboTax. This is my case, but when I attempt to efile my 2020 1040X, I get an error. It tells me I cannot use the current date, I must use a date between 1/1/2021 and 12/31/2021. Is this a glitch in TT?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Efiling 2020 1040X

E-filing of a 2020 amended tax return is not supported by TurboTax.  The 2020 amended return had to be e-filed on or before October 15. 2021.

It must be printed and mailed.  In the File section of the program you will have to select File by Mail and Not e-file.

tcampbellct
Returning Member

Efiling 2020 1040X

Thank you for your response - it is very helpful. I can't help but wonder why TurboTax doesn't tell us this, rather than telling us that it is possible.

ArtCB
Returning Member

Efiling 2020 1040X

Sure would be nice if TT would correct this if they cant be efiled.  I guess as I have posted elsewhere, it says it can be eFiled if you put the signature date between 1/1/2022 and 12/31/2022.  Im curious if anyone has tried to use a prior date especially if they are getting a refund?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies