turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Efile Status Pending IRS may have delayed processing return msg.............WHY?

I efiled my return on 31 Jan 2021 for FY2020 taxes.  I keep checking my status and says IRS may have delayed processing returns............check back 48 hrs.  its been three days same msg WHY?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Efile Status Pending IRS may have delayed processing return msg.............WHY?

The IRS will start processing returns on February 12,2021.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vmart

This had me worried. Thank, so much, for the info Feb. 12 info.  Funny that they're starting on what used to be a federal holiday. Thanks, again.

Glocoat

I get the message on my return which I submitted end of Jan and still have the message on Feb 11. I filed two other returns and they were both accepted to day Feb 11. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Glocoat The IRS officially begins processing returns tomorrow 02/12/21; the following FAQ provides further insight: IRS 2020 tax filing season

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Glocoat  Those two "accepted" filings may have been part of the IRS early testing of their systems.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies