Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


I am late filing 2018 but need to get them "registered" asap because I am in need of a mortgage.  The return is complete and the check is written.  Can anyone help?


2 Replies
Level 15
Level 15


You can no longer e-file a 2018 tax return. You have to print it, sign it, and file it by mail.


Tax professionals can e-file tax returns for past years, but all e-filing is closed until January 27 while the IRS changes over for the new tax year.


Level 15


Instead of mailing the return .... take 2 copies to a local IRS office ... they will accept one for processing and stamp your copy accepted for processing ... that should be good for the mortgage broker. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings