Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find out to which service center my turbo tax efile went? I need the info for my form 3520.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

How do I find out to which service center my turbo tax efile went? I need the info for my form 3520.

E-filed returns don't go to the service centers that mailed returns are sent to. You don't need to know which service center your e-filed return went to. The IRS instructions for Form 3520 say the following.

"Note. If your income tax return is filed electronically, enter 'e-filed' in lieu of the name of the Service Center."

jack16

I need to know the IRS service center mailing address my electronic filing went to in order to mail my form 83(B). Can you please advise?

jack16

Nevermind! I found your prior answer: 
"E-filed tax returns do not go to the same service centers as mailed returns. IRS Publication 525, page 13, gives the following instructions for mailing a statement to make a Section 83(b) election.

"Mail your statement to the address listed for your state under 'Are requesting a refund or are not enclosing a check or money order....' given in Where Do You File in the Instructions for Form 1040.""

MoBr
Level 2

Form 1139 on TurboTax asks which "Service Center" taxes were filed.   People will be filing Form 1139 for 2018, 2019 NOLs - according to new April 2020 IRS rules dealing special COVID-19 situation.   Turbotax's form asks which "Service center" and provides a finite list. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies