Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j12doc

e-file status

I have used Turbo Tax for YRS now and NEVER has this happened before …. You send reminders MONTHs before W-2's are sent out , You send MULTIPLE reminders out to file or to COMPLETE the taxes , You take my money and give a confirmation number and then AFTER ALL OF THAT the taxes still haven't been finalized ??? and here it is JULY 9th I go to check on the refund and it says I never filed ???? WHAT THE ??  where are thee-mails to let me know ??? you got your money so I guess that didn't matter any more …  That needs to get fixed … Why wasn't I notified ? I thought everything was done !!! I'm hoping there is no fines or penalties to me because of your way of doing things … YRS WE HAVE USED YOU AND NEVER has this happened !!!  Not a happy customer ….

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

e-file status

Only you can e-file your tax return. Nobody else can do it for you. You are the one who has to click that "TRANSMIT MY RETURNS NOW" button.  Paying the TT fees was only step 1 of the FILE tab ... you had to complete all 3 steps  to file which you can do now by logging in and completing all 3 steps. 

When you have transmitted your return to the IRS, you will receive two e-mails. You will receive physically separate e-mails for a state return, if a state return is filed, for a total of four e-mails. Two from federal, and two from the state.

The first e-mail informs you that you have successfully TRANSMITTED your return to the IRS. This e-mail usually arrives in 10-15 minutes. If you don't have that e-mail, then you did not finish the process.

The second email informs you if your transmitted return was accepted, or rejected by the IRS. If rejected, follow the link in the e-mail to deal with the rejection issue. This second e-mail can take as long as 48 hours before you receive it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies