Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-File Status Stuck on Pending

Hello, I filed my taxes electronically on Sun 4/16. There were no errors and everything went through fine. Mon 4/17 my federal taxes were accepted and I have received my direct deposit from the IRS as of today. However, my NJ taxes still indicate Pending. NJ has been pending since Sun night. It has been over 84 hours since I sent my taxes electronically and my federal was accepted with no issues and within 24 hours. I have waited the recommended 48 hours for NJ but now I am trying to figure out what the problem is. I paid $25 to file electronically and this is what I get for my money? Please let me know why your product is not working for the state of NJ.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The New Jersey tax return was transmitted.  It is now waiting for New Jersey to either accept or reject the e-filed tax return.  State e-filed tax returns, especially those filed close to the due date, can take quite awhile before the state pulls the return from the servers.  This is common every single tax year.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The New Jersey tax return was transmitted.  It is now waiting for New Jersey to either accept or reject the e-filed tax return.  State e-filed tax returns, especially those filed close to the due date, can take quite awhile before the state pulls the return from the servers.  This is common every single tax year.

That makes me feel a little better. Is there an amount of time that if it I still pending I should worry?

If 10 days or longer then you need to contact TurboTax support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies