turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hborr713

My payment was not sent

We received a letter from the IRS saying the payment was not sent but I have documentation that turbo tax posted the payment 2 times to my account
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
hborr713

My payment was not sent

I am not able to find where the filling instructions are?

My payment was not sent

"turbo tax posted the payment 2 times to my account"
Maybe those were TT fees?

My payment was not sent

TurboTax does not pay any type of taxes for you.  It only relays to the taxing authorities the information on how you want to pay and the taxing authority has the obligation to complete the transaction.   Download the PDF of your tax return and look at the Filing Instructions for how you chose to pay the taxes owed. Review the details for correctness. 

[1] If you requested a direct debit from your bank account, that information is sent with your tax return to the IRS.  They would then debit your account. Your bank statement proves direct debit payment.

[2] If you chose to pay your taxes by check then you would have printed the payment voucher and mailed the voucher with your payment to the IRS. Your cancelled check is proof of payment.

[3] If you chose to pay the taxes owed by credit card, then your card statement would have the payee listed and serves as proof of payment.

hborr713

My payment was not sent

Can you please inform me where i can find the Filling instructions? i can not seem to find them when i download a copy of our return?

My payment was not sent

Download a PDF with all the worksheets included and Look in your return file for a page that looks like this ... 

If you still need help call TT support for assistance ...

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies