Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Don't want to efile state taxes just print them but can't continue because I haven't given info for efiling, what do I do?

Purchased TurboTax software and now they want to charge me for it. What do I do to eliminate this charge.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Don't want to efile state taxes just print them but can't continue because I haven't given info for efiling, what do I do?

Your question is being posted from online Deluxe.  When you use online software there are separate fees for federal and state returns.  Those fees are the same whether you e-file or file by mail.  So--printing and mailing from online Deluxe does not make it free.   You pay whether you e-file or mail it in an envelope.

If you want to delete the state return completely and go to your state's tax site to prepare it, you can try that.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608-how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-online

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can prepare one state at no additional charge in TurboTax Desktop in all versions except Basic. If you are using Basic, the state download is extra. 

State e-file is an additional charge in all versions. 

I'm not sure why you can't continue. Once you finish your returns, you are asked about how your want to file your returns in the file section. The federal option comes first, then the state. You can e-file your federal and select Print and mail for your state. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you are really using the CD/download

E-filing fee in desktop software

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state. Before March 1 that fee is $20; after March 1 it increases to $25.  You can avoid the state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies