turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

Everybody wakeup and check you refund status. Mines updated to approved this morning. I was only in processing for 1 day.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

I filed on 1/29 and was accepted 1/30. I filed with H&R Block and on 1/31 I received and email stating that I had an update to my federal tax return. The email stated if you claimed any of the following credits EIC of Child Tax Credit then taxes would be on hold until after 2/15. It stated you shouldn’t expect any deposit into your account before 2/27. My bar on IRS.gov stated processing until 2/16, I got the “take action” reference code 1541. I had never seen that message before and I assumed I was being audited. I called 2/19 and spoke with a rep. He asked me for my gross income for this year and last. He asked me for my withholdings for both years, my dependents and well as their socials. He stated that everything looked fine and nothing had seemed to change but I was under review for credits claimed. I asked him was the Child Tax Credit the credit he was referring too. He then said oh yes, if you claimed that, then you have to wait until after 2/27 for any updates. He advised if I didn’t get anything by then, call back. I checked today and still no update.

I guess we all have to wait till after March 4 for an update

Well got off phone with rep says I should receive a letter and there is nothing I can do at this time they have between Mar 11th thru Apr 25th if haven't received refund call but originally I was told Mar 4th thru April 18th smh

This shit is ridiculous!!!! I want my money!!

Still no update for me still take action 1541 I guess they putting a shutdown on our money like trump did them smh

Receive my refund today..was told letter in the mail on Feb 21

Why are they giving us the run around

So absurd! Mine says 1541 also and when I contacted the IRS they told me it was a random review and that it would take an additional 2 wks to process.

Don't believe the letter issue I was told the Same thing....

Nikkifm221...Don't be patient....the irs telling people anything...the 1541 is scripted

Don't be patient? I'm afraid all we can do is wait at this point lol

Or were you trying to tell me to be patient..? Kinda confusing how you typed it.

I've received the code also still received my refund today....All I was saying is that the irs saying a letter was sent out...I've never received any such thing

How long did you have the code, mines been this way the entire month of Feb
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies