Solved: Does the IRS Free File Program automatically file ...

tieututrinh

Does the IRS Free File Program automatically file my taxes electronically?

This year I used the IRS Free File Program to file my taxes for the first time, and I chose to file them by paper/mail. However, when I look at my receipt/order that has my transaction, it says "Electronic Filing included" with the IRS Free File Program for my federal and state tax return. Does this mean that my taxes were filed electronically automatically or simply that I had the option of filing them electronically?

macuser_22

You have the option.     Noting is filed until you select it for e-fileing and transmit it.

macuser_22