Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mr_hands_3
Returning Member

Does anyone know what I can do? I still haven't gotten my 1st and 2nd stimulus checks, and SBTPG has been screwing around, lying to me about returning my check to theIRS

I tracked the payment, and even got a letter from the Treasury saying my bank received my payment.  But SBTPG, Turbo Tax's bank continually lies to me about returning my check so the IRS can send me a new one
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Does anyone know what I can do? I still haven't gotten my 1st and 2nd stimulus checks, and SBTPG has been screwing around, lying to me about returning my check to theIRS

If you are referring to the Covid-19 stimulus checks that the IRS sent out in prior years, Turbo Tax will not have information on this. The IRS has a dedicated COVID-19 page that you can access. 

Coronavirus Tax Relief

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mr_hands_3
Returning Member

No.  The IRS, Department of the Treasury, The Attorney General in California, and even YOU GUYS have all told me that the bank the IRS sent my check to, SBTPG/Green Dot is who has to send it back to the IRS so that I can be issued a replacement refund.  

I have letters and emails.  The Attorney General will be investigating my complaint.

SBTPG has been telling me they'll send the check to the IRS.  The IRS has stated that they can't force SBTPG to send my check back.  So why can't SBTPG just do the right thing? 

The letter from the IRS says...

"Enclosed is a copy of the FMS Form 150.1 and/or 150.2 with your direct deposit information. Your refund was direct deposited into the account indicated on your tax return. If the account number on your return was incorrect, you must contact your financial institution to resolve the erroneous deposit. IRS does not have the authority to demand return of the refund when the refund deposited went into the account listed on your return."

That account's routing number is DEFINITELY NOT mine. 

So is SBTPG just going to continue to screw me around?  Again, the check is for the 1st and 2nd Stimulus checks.  For the amount of $1,800. I'm to the point where I feel like my money is being stolen from me. 

What's the solution?  And don't tell me go to the IRS, cause THEY, along with everyone else I've consulted with, including a Turbo Tax representative have said SBTPG has my money, and they alone are the only people that can send the check back to the IRS.

SBTPG has told me they have it, and they keep making up weird reasons they haven't sent it back to the IRS.   I'm contacting whoever will listen.  I'm to my wits end with this.

I wish I'd never used your services.  It  has caused me so much stress and hardship, including homeleasnes.  Something needs to be done.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies