Does anyone know how I am to amend my state taxes ...

Kippie022

Does anyone know how I am to amend my state taxes for the unemployment break. I am on the turbo tax website and clicked on amend…but unsure where to go now?

ColeenD3

Do not amend for unemployment..

If you have already filed your 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR, there is no need to file an amended return (Form 1040-X) to figure the amount of unemployment compensation to exclude. The IRS will refigure your taxes using the excluded unemployment compensation amount and adjust your account accordingly. The IRS will send any refund amount directly to you.

Amend

xteenyxox

I amended my state because in CT I was supposed too. I did not TOUCH the federal but it says rejected on the main home screen. I have already recueved my initial return back in Feb. Is this going to mess up my unemployment tax return or is it supposed to say rejected??