lesssashlin

Do I qualify for the stimulus payment if I filed my 2019 taxes and I was head of household, self-employed and my form was a 1040 or 1040SR?

KarenM90

If you have filed a 2018 or a 2019 tax return (Form 1040 or 1040SR)  that includes bank account information you should receive your payment via direct deposit to that account in the next week or so.

If you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return without bank information your check will be mailed.  Based on information we recently received IRS is currently working on a link to check on the status of your stimulus payment.  Please check this link for updates as they are available:  Covid-19 Updates

Here is a stimulus payment calculator:  Stimulus Payment Calculator.

KarenM90

lesssashlin

Thank you so much! This helped me alot! Actually answered my question. But one last question. So regarding the direct deposit, if I e-filed with turbo tax and got a greendot a Intuit Turbo Tax debit card sent to me in which i received my refund to. Is that my bank to where my stimulus payment will get sent to?

ColeenD3

Turbo Card and Stimulus Deposits - What you need to know

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.