Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fokusg37

Do i need to mail in my documents before receiving my return or will i receive it and have until the deadline the send in the document to the irs?

Last year I e-filed my return and did not mail anything in to the IRS. This year, I have to mail it in....So since I've already filed my return for this year, will I need to print and mail the documents to the IRS in order to get my return or do I have until the deadline to submit the documents and I still receive my return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Do i need to mail in my documents before receiving my return or will i receive it and have until the deadline the send in the document to the irs?

Yes, you should mail the necessary forms to the IRS as soon as possible after filing your tax return. You have until April 18, 2017 to mail the forms, but your return may not be processed until the forms arrive. In other words, yes, failing to mail the forms in a timely manner may delay any refund you are expecting.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should mail the necessary forms to the IRS as soon as possible after filing your tax return. You have until April 18, 2017 to mail the forms, but your return may not be processed until the forms arrive. In other words, yes, failing to mail the forms in a timely manner may delay any refund you are expecting.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies