Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to mail anything if my e-filed amendment has been accepted?

I had to file an amendment because I received a late form. I have completed the amendment and when I filed it (there was not change to the refund/owed amount). 

After electronically filing the amended return, on the Print and Save Your Tax Return screen, TurboTax said “Print and Mail These Forms to the Government. Even though you e-filed, don't skip this paperwork. These forms are required by the government to complete your return."

When I clicked "print forms, the the only thing that printed was a list of IRS mailing addresses and a payment voucher showing the amount of my payment that I had previously submitted via electronic transfer when filing my original return. 

At this point my amended return has been Accepted by both Federal and State. So my questions are:

Do I actually need to mail anything in? and if so, what? Do I just mail in the voucher slip as this was the only thing that printed? Do I need to mail in the amended tax return? And if the return has been accepted, why do I need to mail anything in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Do I need to mail anything if my e-filed amendment has been accepted?

No. Don't mail anything if they were accepted electronically. You can check the status of your amended return here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies