Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I NEED to have a form 888 filled out in order to use direct deposit, or can I just fill out my routing and account number on the 1040 box 76b & d ?

I wuold prefer to not use form 888 if possible, don't have a printer and am on my way out to send it all. thanks
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I NEED to have a form 888 filled out in order to use direct deposit, or can I just fill out my routing and account number on the 1040 box 76b & d ?

Form 8888 is for splitting the refund between 2 different accounts (like half to checking, half to savings).   If you only have 1 account, Form 8888 isn't needed.  You can just use the boxes on the 1040 Line 76.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Form 8888 is for splitting the refund between 2 different accounts (like half to checking, half to savings).   If you only have 1 account, Form 8888 isn't needed.  You can just use the boxes on the 1040 Line 76.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
scasey56

I CANNOT use the boxes on the 1040 Line 76, as the refund routing data I entered on the federal information worksheet will NOT transfer from the worksheet to the 1040 (I am using TT Premier for my 2017 taxes). However, when I was doing my 2016 taxes last year (again using TT Premier), the routing data DID TRANSFER from worksheet to 1040. I don't know what the problem is with the 2017 software. It is very frustrating ... and there is NO help on the TurboTax website. All the questions and answers that I've researched skirt my particular issue. I suppose I will have to fill out form 8888, even though I want the entire refund to go to one bank, but I don't know if that form will be included with my e-filed return. Is form 8888 only supposed to be mailed in??
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies