goraytonguego

Do I have to inquire about my 2018 form I thought that I was done with all this they told me what I would receive in all this and yet still want me to contact them

ChondelLO

What form are you referring to? Please respond back so that we can try to help.

goraytonguego

• My federal and state has been rejected how do I inquire about my 2018 return that wasn't filed
mesquitebean

@ goraytonguego wrote:

If the Federal return is rejected, then the state return is automatically rejected as well.

We don't know what your efile rejection was for, so I'll take a guess.    Is it this:

Was your return rejected due to wrong "2018 AGI?"

If so, since you didn't file a 2018 return, you would use an AGI of 0.

Otherwise, if that's not it, then please explain your issue in full and what it is that you need to know.

goraytonguego

They said I need a transcript I don't follow I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so I really don't know all I know is I've been rejected for my state and federal and I need to file a 2018 return

mesquitebean

@ goraytonguego wrote:

Please clarify what tax year you are currently filing that has rejected.  I hope you are referring to a 2019 return that was rejected.   Online TurboTax can only prepare a 2019 return.  

Online TurboTax cannot prepare a 2018 return.  A 2018 return has to be prepared in 2018 desktop software (CD/download) installed on your computer, and a 2018 return cannot be efiled. 

So hopefully you are referring to a rejected 2019 return that you tried to file, and that you didn't  try to prepare a 2018 return by mistake in the current online TurboTax.  

When you efile the 2019 return, it asks what the 2018 AGI was.  If you did not file a 2018 return last year, your 2018 AGI would be 0.  So when efiling the 2019 return, you would enter a 2018 AGI of 0 when asked.

Most people who are efiling a 2019 return get their 2018 AGI by looking at their 2018 returns (if they filed one.)   If those people who filed 2018 can't find their returns, they can get a 2018 transcript to find out what their 2018 AGI was.  So maybe that's why you saw the word "transcript."    If you didn't file a 2018 return, then there is NO transcript to get.  Your 2018 AGI would be 0.

Your rejection error code/message should tell you WHY your 2019 return was rejected. 

You need to provide the error code or message so we know why it was rejected; otherwise, we're just guessing.    If I had to guess, it may have rejected because of a wrong 2018 AGI.   If it was rejected because the wrong 2018 AGI was entered, the way to correct that is it to resubmit the efile using an AGI of 0 since you did not file a 2018 return.

As a guess, is this your rejection error code?

E-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04: The taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records

Again, I'm just guessing, since you didn't mention the rejection error code or what the reason was for the rejection.  And I want to confirm that you are filing a 2019 return.