• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ret1745

Do I have to automatically start my taxes in Deluxe status?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NathanS
Level 2

You are able to switch your TurboTax product every year if needed. 

If you haven't yet started in Deluxe, scroll down and click the blue link See other TurboTax products to choose the Free Edition. 

If you've already started in Deluxe, you can Clear & Start Over by clicking Tax Tools form the menu down the left and select Clear & Start Over. You will then be presented with the same product you used last year. Scroll down and click the blue link See other TurboTax products to choose the Free Edition. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NathanS
Level 2

You are able to switch your TurboTax product every year if needed. 

If you haven't yet started in Deluxe, scroll down and click the blue link See other TurboTax products to choose the Free Edition. 

If you've already started in Deluxe, you can Clear & Start Over by clicking Tax Tools form the menu down the left and select Clear & Start Over. You will then be presented with the same product you used last year. Scroll down and click the blue link See other TurboTax products to choose the Free Edition. 

TomK

No.  If you haven't already begun your return, you can begin in TurboTax Free (or another version), and then upgrade to Deluxe, Premier, etc., if your situation warrants it.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v