ret1745

Do I have to automatically start my taxes in Deluxe status?

NathanS

You are able to switch your TurboTax product every year if needed. 

If you haven't yet started in Deluxe, scroll down and click the blue link See other TurboTax products to choose the Free Edition. 

If you've already started in Deluxe, you can Clear & Start Over by clicking Tax Tools form the menu down the left and select Clear & Start Over. You will then be presented with the same product you used last year. Scroll down and click the blue link See other TurboTax products to choose the Free Edition. 

NathanS

TomK

No.  If you haven't already begun your return, you can begin in TurboTax Free (or another version), and then upgrade to Deluxe, Premier, etc., if your situation warrants it.