Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I cash my refund check and send it back to the IRS the difference that I owe due to an amendment?

Do I cash my refund check or send the check back to the irs the difference that I owe due to an amendment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiS

Do I cash my refund check and send it back to the IRS the difference that I owe due to an amendment?

Yes. You can cash your refund and do what you wish with your refund. If you have taxes you owe you can pay by using this link to the IRS payments: https://www.irs.gov/payments

From here you will be able to set a payment plan as well if you need to. You can pay taxes owed now with out waiting for the amendment to be processed because amendments can take months.

Hope this was helpful!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandiS

Yes. You can cash your refund and do what you wish with your refund. If you have taxes you owe you can pay by using this link to the IRS payments: https://www.irs.gov/payments

From here you will be able to set a payment plan as well if you need to. You can pay taxes owed now with out waiting for the amendment to be processed because amendments can take months.

Hope this was helpful!

But won't I have to pay that back if I cash and spend or just pay the difference?  I got 247 back but the amendment shows I owe 318 so the difference is 71 that is all I need to pay then?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies