XYZZYX

direct deposit payment to IRS not processed

I filed my 2020 taxes using TurboTax on 4/3 with a request that the amount owed to the IRS be paid from my bank account on 4/5 using direct deposit/withdrawl. I received confirmation that my return was accepted but the funds still have not been withdrawn from my account as of 4/13. I assume that I entered my account info correctly (never had issues with this before). Is there a way to confirm or check on the status of my payment to the IRS?

DanaB27

You can view your balance and payment activity at IRS Paying Your Taxes. Currently, there seems to be some delay in withdrawing the funds by the IRS. 

Please see When will my tax payment go through? for additional information. 

XYZZYX

Thank you for your response and follow-up. I'm still waiting for the IRS to snail-mail me the confirmation code for setting up an account (the cellphone confirmation process wasn't working for some reason). 

XYZZYX

The IRS eventually withdrew the funds about three weeks after my scheduled transfer date.