Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Didn't receive my refund.

My status is approved and still haven't received my refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Catina,

I filed my tax on Apr 21, 2020. But I didn’t get my refund till date. Do u have any idea what did the expected time for return. I am trying to track my refund but it show me Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available@CatinaT1 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Right now, the IRS is not processing paper filed returns NOR are they processing returns that are being reviewed.  If it has been over 21 days and your return still says ''processing'' on Where's My Refund, that means the IRS is reviewing something.  But that does not mean there is any problem with your return at all.  1 out of every 10 tax returns ends up taking longer than the standard 3 weeks.  Although it doesn't mean you did anything wrong, it does mean that your return is probably not on the automatic schedule anymore.  And that means, you will need to wait for the IRS to return to normal operations before it will be completed.   

Once your return is accepted, ONLY the IRS knows anything about.  No one at TurboTax can give you any information once the return is accepted by the IRS.  We simply do not have any information beyond the time it was accepted.  

I am hoping they return to full operations soon, but with this COVID thing, it is pointless to guess at a time-frame.  Keep checking the site; it is all you can do right now.   @Surya1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
163RavenwoodLoop
Returning Member

Thank you for your wonderful program.  After following your software for 2019 taxes I have a bill for $10,529.00 instead of softsoa refund for $37,249.00.  The IRS wants the money immediately.  I have had to pay Nick Nemeth $3500.00 just to investigate the IRS claim.  This is the second time that I have experienced a major problem is using your software.  As a result of these issues I will be seeking another alternative software from now on.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies