Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deduct refunds from income ebay

Where do I enter the refunds I gave for items returned for my eBay business? This is my first time using TurboTax Self Employed and I only have a couple of returns but I'd like to account for them somehow.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

In TurboTax Self-Employed, the program refers to "returns and allowances" as "refunds and rebates."  To enter  returns in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. In your return click on Income and Expenses and then click the Start/Revisit box in the Self-Employment section.
  2. On the Your 2019 self-employed work summary screen, click on Edit next to your business.  
  3. On the Here's your [business] info screen, click on the box Add income for this work.  
  4. On the screen, Let's enter the additional income for your[XX] work, mark the radio button next to Rebates/refunds paid and click Continue.  
  5. On the next screen, Tell us about refunds and rebates for your [XX] work, enter the description and amount of the refunds.  You can just enter a total if you wish or you can click Add another row for additional lines. 

[Edited | 3/18/2020 |  12:04 am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I'm using cash method, no inventory. I see on Sched C there is "returns and allowances". If I add a line item in income and call it returns and allowances and put in a negative number, will it go to line Part I Income, Line 2, Returns and Allowances?  And what do people that perform a service do for refunds?

Or should I remove them from Income?
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

In TurboTax Self-Employed, the program refers to "returns and allowances" as "refunds and rebates."  To enter  returns in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. In your return click on Income and Expenses and then click the Start/Revisit box in the Self-Employment section.
  2. On the Your 2019 self-employed work summary screen, click on Edit next to your business.  
  3. On the Here's your [business] info screen, click on the box Add income for this work.  
  4. On the screen, Let's enter the additional income for your[XX] work, mark the radio button next to Rebates/refunds paid and click Continue.  
  5. On the next screen, Tell us about refunds and rebates for your [XX] work, enter the description and amount of the refunds.  You can just enter a total if you wish or you can click Add another row for additional lines. 

[Edited | 3/18/2020 |  12:04 am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yay, thank you!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies