Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My federal refund was accepted Where is my refund advance

The lady on the phone told me that I didn't file that I did the TurboTax processing fee . I said I know I do that every year . But this year it is something different . And to top it off when. I got to the refund advance part a credit karma box popped up I logged in and it said they were having issues retrieving my personal info . But on this consent form I signed the paper and it says to disclose my my info for the refund advance and that they will make you a account for the credit karma to get the advance loan. One rep told me it shows I applied for the loan and it doesn't say if I was approved or denied he said that it can take up to 48 hours . Then the lady I just spoke with she said I didn't apply . So I explained to her then why did I get pre-qualified and signed this paper for 

Screenshot_20220130-211126.png

I applied for the Credit karma card thinking I was applying for the advance but was not paying attention...  Because it told me I would have to sign up for it to get my advance so I did but they said I never applied. BUT I did get the card in the mail on Thursday evening and signed up for it on the 23rd 

• Download Cash App. Familarize yourself with the app. If you go to linked debit or bank cards...put the your credit Karma card info in... then go to the bank screen( bottom left) ...it will give you an option at the top to add funds or cash out you want to add funds from your credit karma linked card you just  punched the information in ...example: punch in 12.00 hit add cash and bam you have 12.00 dollars on your cash app balance...yayy...ok easy enough...NOW..go to your prifile pic at the top right it will take you back to linked accounts..unlink the credit Karma card...then pur whichever bank or cards numbers you want ...go to the bottom left bank symbol, hit cash out, ( charges a couple dollars) then BAM ! The money is now in the bank card of you choice.!! Yay! Be sure to check how much you can load on a card at at time...go to your profile again and look under linked accounts you will see limits per day. Also sum cards like american exspress serve and direct exspress cards are not supported, but its that easy...wait til midnight if you have to every night depending on how much your taxes are and your limits and get all your money out of credit karma quickly, but unforunately dont close it. WHY? This sheisty outfit has us by the ... now! If we get any stimulus or government freebies it has to go on your last years tax card...think..what did they do again!????($#$#$$$)...but thats how you use cash app. Dont close your account though. You never know whats going to happen to America, and Credit Karma has us all now!....im so$'#$%#%$"$% now!! Cash app is amazingly easy to move money though! Better than the mob! Im married to an italian so These things we speak of are favors to you all! Favors that can be repaid at a later date... lmao!! You gotta find humor when you can. This whole thing landed me in the hospital with a heart attack from stress. Sitting here now drinking my orange juice. Like Covid wasnt bad enough to do to people. Once again Thanks Turbo Tax!!

Screenshot_20220201-053357_Gmail.jpg

Yeah right. Im in the hospital. Had a heat attack from stress over this.. where do i sign? Drinking o.j. looking out my plexy glass window... good times... good times...

I was able to just give my fiancé my virtual card # from credit karma and have him add it to his Facebook pay and then have my bank card on my Facebook pay and he just sent me the whole balance and I had it in my bank account in seconds 🙂

they pulled a fast one on me too. got me to deposit with credit karma with thier  b.s. Doing bad business. making turbo tax look bad. And this is my 3rd year filling with turbo. already thinking of filling elsewhere next year.

You know that Credit Karma also merged with Cashapp to create Cashapp Taxes?  I’m telling you, A MONOPOLY!

IN ADDITION, Plaid won’t communicate with the bank that backs Cashapp, Sutton Bank, so you HAVE to go in the back door and add MVB Bank to Cashapp (instead of adding Sutton Bank to MVB Bank, because that’s not supported). Yeah, think about that. Same company, 3+ banks all making us jump through hoops for crumbs! It’s not going to matter when we finally get our refunds, we’ll be so busy on the phone with customer service that we won’t even notice SpaceX taking off with all of our infrastructure money and the worst of the worst kind of people: the ruling class. 
that’d be so awesome if it was like the newest survivor show: on Mars!!

@CookieRendo wow I’m so sorry! I’m incredibly stressed too, just needed my COPD meds before I die lol plus having 2 special needs kids , I was counting on this money 

Xxxanb

I had filed my return on the 24th at like 9 something at night by 940 it was accepted but no word about the advance, I checked the next morning nothing. I called them once I got home from work and they basically gave no info I assumed okay maybe glitch let me see if because I filed that late at night it wouldn’t go thru till that time at night. Around 940 the that night it did coke thru. So basically it’s glitching is what I come up with I filed my moms and she still waiting for her la to give an update even tho her federal was accepted the day before. I filed my cousins last night hers came right thru. So it’s something going on not sure but it’s going to come. I’m guessing when you least expect it.. 

hope all yours coming thru. 

SAME!! I NEED my advance. I’ve been homeless for months and finally got approved for an apartment I love and the advance is going towards my security deposit. It’s sad companies aren’t honest and don’t do what they say. This is affecting my life and my kids lives. I’m disappointed TurboTax and I most likely will NOT be returning next year.

Nice! Good idea!👍🥰

Yes they dont understand or care apparently. Not any official statement about this or any kind of communication or apology. I wouldnt be surprised if they end up getting sued for complications on someones health or charged with murder if they die after being approved for a early refund and had made arrangements for meducations then passed away after the stress of not getting the early refund and the stress and run around to find out why lands them in the hospital or deceased. Im in room 244!

Taypappa14
Returning Member

I filed mine on the 21stblast month, accepted by the IRS when filing season began on the 24 the of January...i also applied the advance, few papers included in the return, BEFORE applying/ filing, dis the preliminary whatever to see if possibly qualified, concluded yes. Hence me filing and trying to get the advance. I she not heard one word, seen a message, email, or received a call. Nada.as fars the advance goes.

I’ve contacted an attorney regarding a class action lawsuit 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies