Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit Karma Closed my Spend Account, knowing my refund was going to be deposited

Yesterday I woke up to a notification from Credit Karma saying my spend account was closed. My refund Direct deposit date is 2/23 but I checked sbtg and they sent my refund to my closed credit karma account today. They claimed they notified me by email that they were closing my account (they didn’t) and they gave me no explanation as to why. Also,  they knew I was expecting my refund because my advance was sent there!! 

I applied for the refund advance and was approved on 1/24 when I filed my taxes with Turbo Tax. To get the advance they made me deposit it into the credit karma spend account, so they approved the advance and my spend account but then just decide to close it a few weeks later?

I’ve been using my spend account without issue since 1/24/23. I called and asked them if they can forward my refund to the bank account I had connected to my spend account. They laughed and told me no it will be rejected. I’m glad my pain can bring them laughter. 

I’m a single mother struggling with a medical condition why would they do this? Just evil! When and how will I get my money?

I will never again use any intuit product and I’ll let everyone I know too. I’ve been a loyal customer for over 20 years. This is the last straw, I’m canceling my Quickbooks, Mint and Credit Karma accounts. You can will never get another dime from me. This seems illegal.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Credit Karma Closed my Spend Account, knowing my refund was going to be deposited

Once your tax return has been filed, there is no way to update your refund method. If Credit Karma closed your account, they will most likely reject the deposit and the IRS will mail your refund check to the address on your tax return. Please see this Help Article for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Omg your not alone! They did the same thing to me! I was supposed to get my refund today and they closed my account with no explanation or notice and now I have to wait for them to reject it and the irs and state to mail me a check..it's absolutely ridiculous! I've used turbo tax for years but this will be the last!

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your tax return has been filed, there is no way to update your refund method. If Credit Karma closed your account, they will most likely reject the deposit and the IRS will mail your refund check to the address on your tax return. Please see this Help Article for more information.

@pissed239754 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Amandajoe3508
Returning Member

They did the same thing to me but I had money in my spend account and they said that they would send me a check with the balance I had in it! It's been a week and nothing! My refund was sent yesterday and they can't tell me anything 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies