Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit Karma Closed Account and sent bad checks.

So for 2 months now I’ve been going back and forth with credit karma. After they closed my account they refused to send me my check with my tax refund. I argued with them the entire month of March over email because they will not give u a number to call and talk to someone. Anyways after a month of arguing I finally received a check from them. I went to my bank and deposited it into my account but 2 days later the check was returned because credit karma issued a stop payment. That happened on April 10th. 8 days later I received another check. So I took it to Walmart, they couldn’t cash it. I even took it to a check cashing service and MVB Bank told them they do not verify checks to third party services. So reluctantly I took it to my bank. But before I went inside I called and verified the check. They said it was a good check. So I took it inside and deposited it. Now today I called an asked about an update with the check and they said it was a bad check and got returned. Now my bank refuses to do business with me and are closing my account down saying I had back to back returned checks and labeled it as fraud. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Credit Karma Closed Account and sent bad checks.

Please contact Credit Karma on their Contact Us page

Unfortunately, we can't do anything in the Community to help you. I do know that a check can only be verified one time. You should never call yourself. When you do it becomes verified. Then when the bank calls, it's a second call to verify the same check so it will say not valid because it was already verified once.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies