Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wdlink
Returning Member

CP24 received with no changes in bottom line tax calculations

I received a CP24 for my 2021 taxes. It states the IRS changed my 1040 because I made an error on form 8962. They instruct me to review the changes made to the account under Tax Calculations Payments and Credits on the CP24.

The tax calculations shown for mine and the IRS are exactly the same. The refund amount listed is exactly the same. To resolve the issue the notice states if I agree with changes they made, just wait for the refund (which I have received). If I disagree with the changes I'm supposed to contact them.

There is not enough information on the CP24 to determine what changes they made to the 8962. I did call them and they didn't provide any more information regarding the changes made.

So I don't know what changes they made, but the bottom line is the same. Do I need to do anything?
(I did review the tax return transcript, which doesn't line up with the CP24 conclusion. They are several "errors" in the transcript, but the info for the 8962 is the same as mine.)

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

No, there is nothing more that you need to do since your tax return and the IRS evaluation of the return are the same.

Since there is no change in your bottom line there’s nothing further to do. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies