Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cp14 letter even though I paid onturbotax

I e-filed and paid my taxes on TurboTax. All at once I selected the pay with a credit card here on TurboTax and then I received a CP 14 letter on June 3 I was not able to get through on the IRS phone even though I waited an hour and a half, I talked to the TurboTax and they told me the payment went through 1040 thunder I was not able to talk to anyone with the pay 1040 but the system confirmed my payment went through. I can’t talk to anyone live here. They tell me to call the IRS. It’s getting frustrated , what should I do? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Since you used a credit card to pay the taxes owed, then your credit card statement should show the amount paid and the payee.  This is your proof of payment.

Use this procedure to contact the IRS and speak to an agent -

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Since you used a credit card to pay the taxes owed, then your credit card statement should show the amount paid and the payee.  This is your proof of payment.

Use this procedure to contact the IRS and speak to an agent -

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Yes IT WORKED. I called at 7am and followed the steps, waited about 30minutes and got a human to help me. Thank you so much!!!!

That's pretty amazing because I am on hold right now with IRS and it did not work for me.

I had to improvise to reach an agent.

Well, I called right at opening time which is 8am sharp local time here, that's when agents start answering calls in order received. I must say that before posting here, I called in the afternoon and was on hold for 2 hours and it never hung up on me, but no one ever answered, and eventually I concluded the office hours were done since it was 7pm.

Maybe it was all luck!!! that's more likely...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies