After review, it still takes time to process your tax return.
The IRS is particularly behind this year because of the shutdown.
There is nothing we can to do expedite your refund.
You can call the IRS, but wait times are very lengthy.
The phone number is 1-800-829-1040
If you call the IRS, they will need to verify who you are. Be prepared with:
· Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
· Your filing status (Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate)
· Your prior-year tax return (they may ask you questions from it to verify your identity)
· A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
· Any letters they may have sent you
· Paper and pen to take notes--make sure to write down the day you called and the name and ID number of the agent you spoke to, as well as any instructions or deadlines you were given.