Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pyx_cs13

Concerning mailing filing: do I need to print out all forms generated or only those that are generated by the printing option? Also can I use Turbotax-generated W-2s?

If I switch to forms option, I see not only Forms and Schedule forms, but things like Tax Payment and Info Wks- do I need to print all of the generated documents? Also- for the Turbotax-generated W-2's and 1099's, can I print these or must they be copies of the original documents?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Concerning mailing filing: do I need to print out all forms generated or only those that are generated by the printing option? Also can I use Turbotax-generated W-2s?

@pyx_cs13 

1) Last question first:   If you are going to mail file, the W-2 along with 1099's that show Federal withholding are what must be attached. And NO, the TTX created "worksheets" cannot be sent in, only the Federal copies of the Originals from the provider.

2) No, of course not every stinking thing.  Only the forms with an attachment sequence number in the upper rt corner (at least for the IRS forms....states might vary somewhat).   BUT, if you make a selection to create a PDF and print a "Filing" copy...that copy will create a PDF of just the forms needed for filing on paper. (Could be a few extra sheets , but that could depend on each person's situation).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies