turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bodie43

Completed return is printing blank forms but can see data on print preview screen.Have most recent adobe. What else can I try?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Completed return is printing blank forms but can see data on print preview screen.Have most recent adobe. What else can I try?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I found it in my 2015 notes........

1)  First try printing one page of the 1040 using the "Grayscale" box 

Adobe_Print_Gray_1.png

2)   IF the Grayscale box (on or off) doesn't work....un-check that Grayscale box  and find the "Print as Image" box to check in the Advanced section.....as follows:

ADOBE_prntIMAGE_1.png

ADOBE_prntIMAGE_2.png

ADOBE_prntIMAGE_3.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Bodie43

Thanks! Was going to try the grayscale but ended up reinstalling my printer. Problem must have been on my side because it worked.

Wally Mac

Steam Train's suggestion to use "Print As Image" worked for me today, using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v.21.001.20142 and MacOS 10.15.7. The return was created with on my desktop using TurboTax Premier 2020.

gihli

Same basic issue but saw no data on print preview screens either.

Simply installed latest Reader from Adobe and everything works fine.

(No idea what the issue was, of course, but it did work fine last year; I was on Windows 8 at the time and have since gone to Win 10.)

(Have you ever wondered how 7 people report the same problem and they offer 8 different solutions, all of which allegedly worked?)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies