Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cjk420
Returning Member

CO 2023 tax return still not processed (Accepted March 16, 2024)

My 2023 CO return was submitted by TurboTax and accepted by CO on March 16.  It still has not been processed  as of April 11 according to their website (I created an account which confirms it was received).  The refund status just says it has not been processed yet.

I tried to call and they were too busy to put me in the queue.  I submitted messages through my account and no response.

Are they this far behind on some returns?

I know someone who submitted after me and has gotten their refund.

Any thoughts?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Dirkstee

I filed/was accepted Feb 11, i did the ID Verify so i could look at my transcript and it does not show anything for 2023, also beside myself this year, sorry i am no help, but maybe check transcript, i plan on trying to call them tomorrow...feeling the pain with you.

cjk420
Returning Member

Thanks.  I checked my revenue on-line account and I can view my return - so they definitely have it.

Looking back, I submitted mine on a weekend so it has been 27 calendar days, but only 19 business days since it was accepted.  

I did receive my federal refund within a few days though.

I could not find anything recent on CO processing time except they were taking 12 weeks to process paper returns.  I have not seen anything about time for electronic returns. That would help.

cjk420
Returning Member

I tried to call CDOR just after they opened this am. I got a recording that paper returns were taking 12 weeks to process and for faster processing file electronically - but they provided no timeframe for processing e-filed returns.

They have mesaages encouraging filers to create an account use their website (Revenue On-line) to communicate via messaging. I have done this starting almost 2 weeks ago but have gotten no response.

I then pressed the numbers to get a hold of a real person and got a recorded message that they were too busy to talk to me. 

Apparently they are very busy.

Not sure what else I can do.

They could provide some sort of an updated press release on how long it is taking to process returns and send out refunds- both electronic and paper.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies