Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Checked IRS "Where's my refund" says "Refund Sent March 22nd" but not in Bank Account???

So... 

When I check the IRS "where's my refund" website it shows refund was sent March 22nd.  However, I didn't see any change in my bank account, I had set up for direct deposit.  I thought maybe it hasn't fully cleared etc. so  I called my bank and they said they show no signs of any deposit. 

However, when I also check Turbo Tax status it says that my estimated refund arrival time is April 5th at the earliest?  I don't know which website to believe?  Is it possible it is still being processed?  I will wait till next week and see if the status changes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Checked IRS "Where's my refund" says "Refund Sent March 22nd" but not in Bank Account???

Did you pay any fees using Pay with My Refund?  If so, your refund will be sent to the third-party processor to have the fees processed and then your refund will be disbursed.  For more details on this, please see the Help Article here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I think I figured it out!

So.. this year TurboTax at the "ready to file" step... has a "Credit Karma" deposit option.  TBH after doing my taxes 3 times my brain was a little foggy.  And.. it was "recommended" as the best option.  So.. I signed up and thought it would be deposited into my bank account as usual.  What it did was deposited/credited to my Credit Karma account.  And they sent me a debit card in the mail.  When I received it a few weeks ago.. again.. I kind of didn't think too much about it at the time and just set it aside.  Long story short, I had to activate that debit card.  Then.. transfer the funds that were on that account to my bank account.  I think I did it correctly.  And said it would take 2-3 business days.  It's a lot like the debit card if you got one for the Stimulus.  However, I think you can keep this card and reuse.  Put money onto the card as well.  I'm not exactly sure what the purpose is.  Maybe to better keep track of your credit and funds that way? 

Anyway... good info to know for those who used TurboTax and the Credit Karma option and wondering where their refund went!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies