If you have not filed your taxes, you can change your refund information by following the steps below:
- Go to the File tab
- Finish Step 1 Review your order
- Proceed to Step 2 Your refund/payment Info
- Change your method to check by mail
- At the bottom of the page, click Continue
- Enter your new bank account information
If you have already filed your tax return, then you may be able to stop the direct deposit by contacting the IRS if the return has not yet been processed by the IRS system. To request this change and see if a check can be mailed to you, you may contact the IRS directly at 1-800-829-1040. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
**Please note, if you are using your refund to pay for your TurboTax fees you will not be able to be mailed a paper check, only direct deposit can be used with this payment method.