If you have not filed your taxes, you can change your direct deposit information by following the steps below:
- Go to the File tab (top of program)
- Finish Step 1 Review your order
- Proceed to Step 2 Your refund/payment Info
- Verify that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked
- At the bottom of the page, click Continue
- Enter your new bank account information
If you have already filed your tax return, you may be able to stop the direct deposit to the incorrect account, and receive a paper check as per the IRS: If the return hasn't already posted to the IRS system, you can ask them to stop the direct deposit. You may call the IRS toll-free at 800-829-1040, M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.