Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cannot sign up for Audit Defense

Received email from Turbo Tax alerting me to free 2023 tax year membership for Audit Defense .. signed into Intuit account thru Audit Defense link in 2023 Turbo Tax Home and Business as instructed in email .. followed process to the point of entering personal information for sign up, but blue "accept" bar at bottom of screen is hidden as the Intuit sign up page is too large .. this page cannot be shifted around or scrolled down to exhibit the blue "accept" bar and there is no way within the page to alter its screen size to reveal the blue "accept" bar .. usual Intuit nasty IT mess .. if anyone has a resolution, lemmeno.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Audit defense can only be purchased when you file your taxes.  This does sound like a phishing attempt.  

Please use this link to report the phishing email to Intuit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Audit Defense is, indeed, included in 2023 TurboTax Home and Business as a "free" service that is an added value to the 2023 Intuit tax return package .. the reply did not solve my problem .. when you file your taxes, you have to click on "accept" the Audit Defense add, but a ton of folks, myself included, did not do this when filing taxes since Audit Defense had historically always been a $$ pricey add and was not previously a free service add .. so I did not sign up for Audit Defense when I filed my taxes .. but I did receive the email from Intuit several days ago citing that Audit Defense was a free add for 2023 and that one could still sign up for it up to the time one receives an audit notification from the IRS, at which point the ?audit Defense free offer add for 2023 would no longer apply .. so i did use the links in the email to access my Intuit account after making certain  that the email was genuine .. and the Inuit website has a process within it that accepts the request to sign up for Audit Defense belatedly after tax filing, but as stated in my original question, after one fills in all the information to sign up for the audit Defense 2023 add service, the blue "accept" button at the bottom of the page cannot be accessed because the overall Audit Defense add page on the Intuit website is slightly oversized and the blue "accept" button cannot be accessed as it is just beneath the bottom of the viewable screen .. and the screen cannot be resized manually by the person (myself) filling in the form .. so, since the Intuit website itself accepts the link from the Intuit email to sign up for Audit Defense for 2023 even after tax filing, as instructed in the Intuit email, this entire belated Audit Defense sign up appears to be genuine, it just falls victim to a poorly designed internal Intuit sign up sheet that does not allow the user to hit the blue "accept" button and sign up after the fact .. nevertheless, I'll still go ahead and forward the email to Intuit in case it really is a phishing attempt .. that said, when I filled out my 2023 taxes, I did read that Audit Defense is a free add for 2023 and Intuit's own community website acknowledges that one can sign up for the service after filing but before being audited .. I suspect that the email that I got from intuit reminding me about all this was sent because Intuit figure out that so few people had accepted the 2023 free service when filing that Intuit wanted to alert everyone after the fact and get more people signed up for protection's sake ..

@ Bruce in Maine wrote:

after one fills in all the information to sign up for the audit Defense 2023 add service, the blue "accept" button at the bottom of the page cannot be accessed because the overall Audit Defense add page on the Intuit website is slightly oversized and the blue "accept" button cannot be accessed as it is just beneath the bottom of the viewable screen .. and the screen cannot be resized manually by the person (myself) filling in the form ..

I don't know anything about your Audit Defense offer, but in regard to your screen issue, if I was having the same screen issue you described, here's how I would have tried to troubleshoot on a Windows computer to seek a workaround for the "button offscreen" issue. 

Maybe you have already tried this first part.  But just in case, I'll mention what I would try first.

If the page you are referring to is in a browser window, the browser should have a way to zoom in/out.  Zooming out might bring the button into view.   Depending on the particular browser, that feature may be under the VIEW menu at the top menubar of the screen, or in Edge when you click on Settings icon, there is a Zoom feature labeled as such in the dropdown setting menu.   In any case, find the zoom feature on your browser either off the top menubar or settings.   Or you may be able to use a keyboard short cut, which is the Ctrl key plus either the "+" or "-" key.   Repeating the "-" key makes it progessively smaller.  Ctrl plus 0 returns screen to normal size.   Whether or not that shortcut works to control the zoom function might depend on the particular browser.

If using browser zoom was unsuccessful, I would go into Windows settings since it might be a a screen resolution or scaling problem.

In Windows 10 to get to the scaling or resolution settings click the Windows start button in lower left corner, then choose Settings (gear icon), then System, then Display.   Or for a shortcut, you may be able to simply right-click on an empty area of the main Windows user desktop screen and in the popup menu choose "Display settings".

First try the scaling setting.  In your Windows Settings do you have scale set to a higher value than the normal 100%?  If so, change it back to 100%, and see if that brings the missing button into view.

If lowering the scaling to 100% didn't help, then it may be screen resolution.  Keep the scaling at 100%, and try a lower screen resolution such as 800x600.    If that doesn't work, then try 1024x768, or experiment with other resolutions.

After trying any of that, you can put your settings back like you want them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies