Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot access to view Form 8829

I tried to search for "Form 8829" in the search bar, there is no "Jump To" link in the search result. On the left menu, there was nothing for "Tools."
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If you're trying to enter information for the Home Office Deduction (Form 8829), search for "home office" rather than the form number. Search is available in all versions of TurboTax after you open your return. Look for a magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the header.

Be aware that recent tax law changes have eliminated the home office deduction for employees working from home. For more info, see Can I take the home office deduction?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you, @PatriciaV, for your quick response. This is a home office for our business, not remote work for an employer. When I search for "Home office", I can go to it, but that's not the form. I do see the "tools" in the left menu now, but there I can't get to the form either. It just took me to the Home Office section. If I search for Form 8829, it is taking me to "work related expenses" which is not for our situation.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

You don't need to enter these directly into Form 8829 -- you can reflect your expenses in the self-employment section section of TurboTax Online:

1. If you don’t see 2022 TAXES in the left pane, select the dropdown to the right of Income & Expenses on the Hi, let’s keep working on your taxes! page and then select Let’s get startedPick up where you left off, or Review/Edit.
    • Otherwise, in the left pane, select Wages & Income
  2. Select  Edit, Edit/Add or Review to the right of Self-employment income and expenses 
    • If you haven't yet entered self-employment information, scroll down to and select the Show more dropdown to the right of Self-Employment.  Select Start to the right of Self-employment income and expenses
  3. Select  Review  to the right of the specific self-employment enterprise, or Edit below the enterprise, depending on which page you land on
  4. Select  Add expenses for this work
  5. On the  First, select the expenses you know you had page, select the box to the left of Home office.  Select Continue
  6. Once you're done with selecting expenses to enter and land on the Here's [your] info screen, select Start to the right of Not started -- Home office
  7. From there, you can begin entering your home office information

@Brae09 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies