Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you tell me where my taxes are

My taxes never hit my bank and they said they would be there by the 8th of May and it is now the 11th of May
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Once a tax return (not refund)   has been Accepted for processing by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

See this info

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@davisamanda2023 wrote:
they said they would be there by the 8th of May

Who are "they" that said your refund would be deposited by May 8? If you're talking about the date that TurboTax displayed when you filed, it always gives you a date that's 21 days after you file. But that's a very rough guess, and is not based on your specific tax return. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your refund by then.

What does Where's My Refund? say on the IRS web site?

Did you select the option to have your TurboTax fees taken out of your federal refund? That takes extra time.

If you filed a state tax return, the state refund and the federal refund are completely separate and will not come at the same time. To check the status of your state refund go to How do I track my state refund?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies